Read Pramoedya Ananta Toer, Child of All Nations (in its entirety).
Answer the following question in a one-page paper:
Citing specific evidence from Toer's Child of All Nations (not from the course textbook), how did the presence of the Dutch alter/affect Indonesian society?
Your paper must follow the following format:
- typed (font size 10 or 12 only)
- one-inch margins
- page number citations for your quoted evidence
- not to exceed one (1) page
- name at the top left
- must have a brief introduction and conclusion (each not to exceed two sentences)
- You may consider submitting drafts of your assignment to your instructor for feedback before submitting the assignment for a grade. Please send some specific questions that you would like answered about your draft. The questions can be general (Is my introduction clear?) or specific (Is the phrase, "Chardin was jeweller," written correctly?). You can send in multiple drafts (within reason) of an assignment before you submit for a grade.
- At times, you may be asked to rewrite your essay before it is graded. This is done for your own benefit and will result in an improved grade.
Before proceeding, you might wish to review the short notes on Toer and review the study questions on Child of All Nations.
Please take a moment to review Charlie's History Writing Center for specific information on the writing requirements for the assignments in the course.
In HIS 102, your assignment should be submitted as either the "required book paper" or the "extra credit book paper" on Blackboard following the directions for submitting assignments. The Toer Paper is worth a maximum of 100 points as a required book paper or 50 points as an extra credit book paper.
In HIS 112, your assignment should be submitted as the imperialism paper on Blackboard following the directions for submitting assignments. The Toer Paper is worth a maximum of 100 points.