Image of modern-day Surabaya, Indonesia. While Surabaya today is a highly sophisticated port operation, Kalimas, now off to the side of the modern port, still maintains a modest inter-island operation of traditional commerce. Photo credit bennylin.
The Port of Surabaya, early twentieth century, at the mouth of the Kalimas inlet. Handinoto's collection, the resource(s) is/are maintained by Petra Christian University, Surabaya. Photo credit.
There are other images of Surabaya available on the Petra Christian University Library search page.
- Wiki entry for Surabaya
- Officlal Surabaya website (try the English version)
- Wikitravel information on the city
- With a quick search of the web, you can find many travel/tourism related sites.
- The U.S. Consulate in Surabaya
- There was not much information on the city in the 1911 version of the Encyclopedia Brittanica.